Cambridgeshire County Council are responsible for:
Highways, footpaths and byways
Consumer protection

Contact: 0345 045 5200

South Cambridgeshire District Council are responsible for:
Planning (To access their system to search a planning application click here) Tel: 03450 455 215
Refuse collection and recycling Tel: 03450 450 063
Abandoned vehicles Tel: 03450 450 063
Pest Control Tel: 03450 450 063
All other enquiries: 03450 450 500

101 police
Our local Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) is Samuel Kennedy: phone 101 or email:
Sign up to eCops to receive email updates from your local policing team. As a subscriber you will receive regular updates about crime and anti-social behaviour in your area, as well as feedback from your team about what they’re doing to tackle it.

It’s a great way of staying in touch with community issues, which can also be shared with family, friends and colleagues. You can also email your policing team through eCops to share any concerns you have or help local officers with their enquiries, providing feedback on incidents or appeals for information. eCops is a free service that gives you direct and easy access to your local policing team at a time convenient to you. All you need to join is an email address. Subscribe today and join our online network to learn more about policing where you live.

Click on the eCops logo or here to sign up.

If you own land adjoining, above or with a watercourse running through it, you have certain rights and responsibilities. Cambridgeshire County Council have issued guidance to all residents in relation to this. For details click Riparian owner fact sheet.

If you spot signs of pollution in rivers or streams, please call immediately so Anglian Water can act right away. The most obvious sign of sewage pollution of a stream or river is the presence of sewage solids in the water, but there may be other indications. These include:
• toilet debris such as toilet paper, condoms and sanitary products
• soap suds or a milky-looking discharge in the water
• grey coloured water
• a noticeable sewage smell in the air

Contact the Pollution Watch hotline 03457 145 145 Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and free from a BT landline.
For more details of this service click here.

In the event of flooding, we recommend you contact the specified authorities involved in dealing with emergencies, which are generally as follows:

Police: Dial 999 only in an emergency, dial 101 for non-emergency.
Responsibility: Co-ordinate the emergency services in a major flood incident and help with evacuation of people from their homes where it is necessary.

Fire & Rescue Service: Dial 999 only in an emergency, dial 101 for non-emergency.
Responsibility: Respond to all emergency incidents as required. Assist public with personnel and equipment where a need is identified. They may also pump out floodwater (Contact your local service to ask about this. There may be a charge for this service).

The Environment Agency (EA): Flood line 0845 988 1188 service and Incident Hotline on 0800 80 70 60. (You can listen to recorded flood warning information for your area or speak to an operator for advice 24 hours a day
Responsibilities: Issues flood warnings for flooding from rivers, the sea and ground water and deals with emergency repairs and blockages on main rivers. The Environment Agency is responsible for building, maintaining and operating flood defences and for issuing flood warnings to the public, other flood responding organisations and the media.

Cambridgeshire County Council (CCC) Highways: 0345 045 5200 (Option 3) or out of hours contact the police
Responsibilities: Places flood warning signs on roads, organises road closures and diversions and clears blockages on highway drainage systems. Work with the police, fire and rescue services and the Environment Agency to co-ordinate responses during severe flooding. Deal with road closures and disruption to social services. Investigate disruption caused by overflowing drains.

Anglian Water: 03457 145 145
Responsibilities: Deals with blocked main sewers, and investigates issues with overflowing sewers.

Environment Agency Floodline: 0845 988 1188

Incident Hotline: 0800 80 70 60

County Council: 0345 0455200 (out of hours in an emergency call the police)

Anglian Water Services: 03457 145 145

Anglian Water: 03457 145 145

Water supply pipes covering South Cambridgeshire and Cambridge City areas ONLY: 01223 706 050

ROADS – Report a pothole or highway problems


ENVIRONMENT – Report an abandoned vehicle, dog fouling, fly tipping, graffiti or littering

PLANNING – Report a broken street name plate

BINS – Report missing or damaged paper caddy

POTHOLES – Report potholes, footpath problems, overhanging branches etc.

POWERCUT – Call 105
You can download these resources from the following link

01223 699069

1. 09:30 to 15:30 call Highways on 0345 045 5215
2. All other times, call the contractors (McDonald) out of hours contact number on 0800 2461302